Thursday, June 22, 2006

Peep Peep Peep Peep Peep Peep it never stops

How much noise can one small day old peachick make? You wouldn't believe how much. Happy to come home from a conference to find one hatched peachick in the incubator. I quickly moved it to the small brooder I setup before going to my 2 day conference so it would be ready.

Hope some of the other eggs hatch today but no signs so far. "Quaint Irene" as I will call this chick (hopefully she's a hen) apparently has imprinted on me and while that's pretty cool, it's gonna be a long couple weeks till she goes outside. She goes off every time I walk away from the brooder. If I stand right next to her or put my hand in the brooder she will stop peeping...give a couple of chirps as if to say "where have you been....I was calling you...) and settles down for a nap. Usually leaning up against the glass where I put my and or against my hand if it put it in the brooder.

The plan is to keep one purple and one 2 blue hens. Hopefully Quaint Irene will turn out to be a hen and I will get to keep her. I'll add pics to this post later.

2 Comments:

At 6/30/2006 3:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

do you sell/ship your baby peafowl?
I would love to hear from you about them. dezerith@dstarmenagerie.com

 
At 4/01/2008 5:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Try putting a small stuffed animal in the brooder for a lone bird. It gives it comfort. A ticking clock help too..

God bless,

 

Post a Comment

<< Home