Wednesday, March 14, 2007

When Is Easter


Easter must be just around the corner, cause look what I found. First egg of the season and it still March.
I'm hoping for some interesting colors this year. I've mixed up my girls and boys this year. In the past I've breed blue to blue and purple to purple.

Last year when I lost my favorite blue hen, I decided to replace her with a Cameo Black Shoulder. But instead of putting the new hen with Georgie (my blue) I put her with Benji (the purple). Of course this ment I had to move Mapp (the purple hen) in with Georgie. Because the Blue is a dominant color I should get all blue (split to purple, but still looking like blues).

I think Benji might be split to black shoulder. That is he has the black shoulder gene but doesn't show it, so I'm hoping for black shoulder purples from this couple. Someone told me breeding Cameo to Purple is how the first Peach was created. Hmmmm....Only time will tell.

1 Comments:

At 2/09/2008 10:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you and those eggs hatch soon.Good luck.From seth salers in Alabama.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home