Monday, April 02, 2007

Chicks by Derby

Dad and Mom posing for a family picture.

Well not quite a family yet. She is setting on 5 eggs and hopefully they should all hatch around the last week of April.


La Contessa and Benji will be parents soon. Was surprised at how early she began to lay, and set. It's only the first of April and she's setting on eggs already. Hopefully Mapp (the purple hen in with Georgie) will get to laying soon. So with 2 eggs in the incubator and 5 (maybe 6) under La Contessa...there should be lots of peeping going on soon.


3 Comments:

At 4/17/2007 9:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How many eggs will a hen lay prior to seting them? I have gotten two eggs from mine in the last few days and I am torn between the incubator and letting her set them What do you think? Do you use an auto turner or manually turn them? Thanks, I'm new to peafowl

 
At 8/20/2007 5:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love you site, I adore peacocks. Thanks for the information! I would love a picture of your pen if you have one.

 
At 9/30/2007 12:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I read through alot of your postings and you obviosly love peacocks. My best friend of 25yrs died this past New Years Eve, Of a heart attack, she loved peacocks. Every Holiday I always gave her some sort of peacock present. On her birthday (5-29) I asked her to send me a peacock. 10 days later he showed up,his name is Fraser, very friendly and courious he even comes in the house & visits with my 3 dogs, is this normal? 2X a day he comes to the porch for ritz crackers and loves sunflower seeds!
Wondering how to help him make it through the winter? Any advice would be helpfull.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home