Tuesday, July 15, 2008

No Chicks this year

12 eggs in the incubator and not one live hatch. 10 eggs under a hen... all gone bad. Not very good luck this year with hatching chicks.

La Contessa (Cameo BS - 10 eggs), kept cracking her eggs and eventually they all went bad and smelly..... so I had to toss them. She wasn't happy.....neither was I. She was the only hen I got to set. My other hen is younger and only laid a couple of eggs.

Georgie is still dancing... thought I don't think anyone (but me) is watching. But you never know... Now that La Contessa isn't sitting on a nest any more...Georgie might pick up the pace............I'll be watching for the hen to start laying again.

Next year.... they all go to the chickens to hatch. Hopefully, they will do much better than either myself or the Contessa (Cameo BS Hen)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home