Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Expect Lots of Chicks this year

I haven't posted in a while and not much has happened with my small flock. I have added chickens to my backyard menagerie. While I've loved the eggs they've produced, they are finally doing the chore they were purchased to do. I have 3 sometimes 4 Cochin hens sitting on 3 nest each with 3 peacock eggs. Pretty funny looking when 2 hens are trying to sit in the same nest box. They actually sit on top of each other.

Hope to have plenty of chicks this year.

Currently have one male (last years hatching) for sale. He's a very tame India Blue (split to Cameo). I'll post a picture of him soon. He's got a twin brother, but I need to keep one of them.

Email me at bdaugherty57@gmail.com if you're interested.

1 Comments:

At 9/15/2012 10:43 AM, Blogger MM Travel Team said...

Hi, our hen hatched 3 peacock eggs for us, but now we do not know what to do next, as they don't follow the hen when she calls. How do we feed n raise them?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home